Tuesday, March 3, 2015

REVOLTECH DANBOARD MINI (FAKE)

I wanted a Danboard ever since I saw its photos all over the net. But when I finally decided to buy online, it was a counterfeit! It took a while for me to realize this because it was my first Danboard. There were some imperfections like excess plastics protruding on the body and paint blots on the imprints which is very rare with Japanese toys such as Revoltech. The joints are very fragile so one must be very gentle when moving them. The eyes light up but not as bright as the authentic ones. The packaging is crappy, too.

On the brighter side, these are only minor flaws and not really noticeable if you don't look at it closely. It was also relatively cheaper compared to amazon and still looks great in the picture so I'll just keep it.









3 comments:

  1. Did you buy the 6-pack set? I was thinking of buying it too, but I was a little afraid they would be fake knock-offs. (I'm a little new to danbo too and am having trouble spotting a fake.) Seems like such a sweet deal, $40 for 6 danbo figures. Too good to be true?

    Anyway, fake or not, yours look great in pictures! I guess that's all that really matters, right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I never had a chance to check this page :D

    Anyway, thanks. They really look nice in the picture but be careful, the joints are very fragile - one wrong turn and it breaks, unlike the real one from Revoltech. I broke two or so joints of this Pepsi version so I had to replace it and take from the Colbee one (that's why I just kept it in the box) which is very disappointing for me.

    That 40 bucks deal must be fake as I got an authentic one for already $40 bucks a piece from amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, may I know, where did you bought these danboard? How to know the differences between the original and the fake ones?
    Thanks for your information.

    ReplyDelete